We certainly don’t think so. This course will show you how to combine your existing business analysis skills with Agile tools and techniques. This means you’ll be better equipped to deliver value to product owners, manage all of the stakeholder wishlists and support your project team in having a shared common understanding of the product vision and features. This course leverages the Agile Extension to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge™ and shows how the Discovery/Delivery techniques covered in the Extension can be applied effectively in agile projects.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
Using a combination of interactive presentations, problem-solving exercises, innovation learning games, and team structured simulations, the experiential workshop enables participants to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities involved in product ownership and where the business analyst can contribute
- Understand the shape of a well-formed backlog and how to populate it progressively
- Strategies and practices for integrating the BA with Agile Software Development teams
- Five principles for agile business analysis and how they influence effective outcomes for our customers.
- The Product Owner Role
- The Value Management Team
- Product Development Lifecycle
- Product Vision
- Product Roadmap
- User Personas
- Design workshops
- Story Maps
- Backlog prioritisation
- Release planning
- Backlog refinement
- Story elaboration and splitting
Are there any prerequisites before attending the course?
We provide everything needed on the day so you do not need to pre-read or bring anything with you on the day.
What’s the cancellation policy?
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point the full course fee is due independent of whether the registered person takes part in the course or not. Participants can be substituted without charge.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINERS
has taught Scrum, Lean and Agile practices to hundreds of students including ScrumMasters, Product Owners, team members, PMs and executive leaders who support them. He is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST”)™, ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), and ICAgile Agile Team Facilitator. Manjit holds the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certifications. He brings 17 years experience practicing Lean and Agile as a team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Coach.
- ICAgile Certified Professional certification
- Class materials, resources, and references
Eligible 14 PMI PDUs
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone who works in Agile projects doing ‘Business Analysis’ tasks. This includes Business Analysts, Product Owners, Project Managers, Software Developers and those in Quality Assurance.