A servant leadership mindset and approach is critical to empowering agile teams to produce great results. Learn the role of agile project manager as a facilitator of agile practices towards achieving desired outcomes. This certification also takes a much more in-depth look at the fundamental agile concepts of adaptive planning, customer collaboration, and value-driven delivery in dynamic and sometimes highly constrained environments. In addition, learning objectives address agile approaches to standard project management processes such as metrics, reporting, and contract management.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
Using a combination of interactive presentations, problem-solving exercises, innovation learning games, and team structured simulations, the experiential workshop enables participants to:
- The background to and the driving forces for taking an Agile approach to software and solutions development
- The core practices and philosophies behind a number of specific Agile methodologies
- How to apply a number of tools and techniques to develop the project community, from structuring and coordinating self-organising teams to ensuring continuous feedback across all layers of the organisation
- How to use Agile techniques to plan, track and monitor Agile projects, programs and portfolios
- The importance of value-driven delivery and continuous customer and user feedback in increasing team effectiveness
- How to apply a variety of Agile tools and techniques to provide a guidance and decision making framework for self-organising Agile teams to ensure their continuous alignment with organisational goals
- Understanding the Agile Mindset
- Empowering teams
- Inspect and Adapt cycle
- Incremental development
- Work In Progress (WIP)
- Including Customers & Users
- Managing constraints
- Performance and metrics
- Agile planning and estimating
- Work and team space
Are there any prerequisites before attending the course?
We provide everything needed on the day so you do not need to pre-read or bring anything with you on the day.
What’s the cancellation policy?
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point the full course fee is due independent of whether the registered person takes part in the course or not. Participants can be substituted without charge.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINERS
has taught Scrum, Lean and Agile practices to hundreds of students including ScrumMasters, Product Owners, team members, PMs and executive leaders who support them. He is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST”)™, ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), and ICAgile Agile Team Facilitator. Manjit holds the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certifications. He brings 17 years experience practicing Lean and Agile as a team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Coach.