The Scrum agile development process is popular because it increases a project’s chance of success by emphasizing periodic guidance, frequent inspections, and the ability to make changes as the project progresses.
Participants will learn to use a prioritized list of features called a product backlog to drive a Scrum project. In addition, participants will be taught proven ways to work as a liaison between the project team and the customer or users, as well as how to plan and make customer commitments. Additionaly, learn tips and tricks from the instructor’s seventeen years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Using a combination of interactive presentations, problem-solving exercises, innovation learning games, and team structured simulations, the experiential workshop enables participants to:
- Practical, project-proven practices
- How to develop and maintain a highly useful, prioritized product backlog
- How to create a product roadmap and release plan
- How to use velocity to predict delivery dates of features and projects
- Overview of Scrum
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Characteristics of a PO
- Product Vision
- Chartering the Project
- Product Discovery
- Product Backlog Management
- Writing User Stories
- Product Roadmap & Release Planning
- User Story Mapping
- Tracking Progress
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A two-day immersive learning experience facilitated by an highly respected Certified Scrum Trainer ® (CST)
- A printed, bound copy of the course materials to take away
- Continental breakfast, a hot buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Registration for the Certified Scrum Product Owner ® (CSPO) certification
- Two years membership of the Scrum Alliance worth $100 – you get access exclusive Scrum Alliance member features and content
- 16 Scrum Education Units® (SEU’s)
- Project Management Professionals ® (PMP) can claim 14 PMI PDUs
Are there any prerequisites before attending the course?
We provide everything needed on the day so you do not need to pre-read or bring anything with you on the day.
What’s the cancellation policy?
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point the full course fee is due independent of whether the registered person takes part in the course or not. Participants can be substituted without charge.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINERS
has taught Scrum, Lean and Agile practices to hundreds of students including ScrumMasters, Product Owners, team members, PMs and executive leaders who support them. He is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST”)™, ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), and ICAgile Agile Team Facilitator. Manjit holds the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certifications. He brings 17 years experience practicing Lean and Agile as a team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Coach.
- CSPO Certification
- 2-year membership in Scrum Alliance
- Class materials, resources, and references
Eligible for 16 ScrumAlliance SEUs and 14 PMI PDUs
WHAT OUR PARTICIPANTS SAY
" Manjit is very knowledgeable and engaging! Jeff L., Lead Business Analyst
" Liked the interaction and practical application, along with time for questions and proper explanations provided. Ramage M. Software Engineer
" Dynamic class with different interactive exercises. Emma P., Product Manager
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Team Leads, Business Analysts, Requirements Engineers or other team members who wish to learn how to apply Scrum principles and practices to create high value products rapidly, that deliver ROI and delight their customers, end users.