Scrum was designed to enable teams to achieve a hyper-productive state (5-10 times normal performance). To achieve this level of performance, essential grounding in the Scrum work management framework is necessary.
In Scrum, there are 3 roles: the Product Owner, the Team, and the ScrumMaster. The 2-dayCertified ScrumMaster class imparts the knowledge, skills, and tools to successfully implement Scrum as a ScrumMaster. This highly interactive workshop provides a foundational understanding of the Scrum framework and gives participants hands-on practice applying Scrum in multiple project settings and situations.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Using a combination of interactive presentations, problem-solving exercises, and team structured simulations, the experiential workshop enables participants to:
- Understand the core principles, strategies, and practices of Scrum
- Practice applying Scrum in multiple project settings and situations
- Cultivate the ScrumMaster mindset vital to effectively managing projects and teams
- Gain skills and confidence in effectively communicating Scrum principles to managers
- and team members alike.
- Overview of Scrum
- Cycle of Continuous Improvement
- Empirical Process Control
- Scrum Framework: Roles, Artefacts, & Ceremonies
- Scrum Process
- Agile Planning
- Role of the ScrumMaster
- Leading Self-Organizing Teams
- User Stories
- Agile Estimation
- “Definition of Done”
- Sprint Practices
- Metrics and Reporting
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A two-day immersive learning experience facilitated by a highly respected Certified Scrum Trainer ® (CST)
- A printed, bound copy of the course materials to take away
- Continental breakfast, a hot buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Registration for the Certified ScrumMaster ® (CSM) online assessment
- Two years membership of the Scrum Alliance worth $100 – you get access exclusive Scrum Alliance member features and content
- 16 Scrum Education Units® (SEU’s)
- Project Management Professionals ® (PMP) can claim 14 PMI PDUs
Are there any prerequisites before attending the course?
We provide everything needed on the day so you do not need to pre-read or bring anything with you on the day.
What’s the cancellation policy?
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point the full course fee is due independent of whether the registered person takes part in the course or not. Participants can be substituted without charge.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINERS
has taught Scrum, Lean and Agile practices to hundreds of students including ScrumMasters, Product Owners, team members, PMs and executive leaders who support them. He is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST”)™, ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), and ICAgile Agile Team Facilitator. Manjit holds the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certifications. He brings 17 years experience practicing Lean and Agile as a team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Coach.
- CSM Certification
- 2-year membership in Scrum Alliance
- Class materials, resources, and references
Eligible for 16 ScrumAlliance SEUs and 14 PMI PDUs
WHAT OUR PARTICIPANTS SAY
" I really enjoyed the real world examples given, the videos used, and the hands-on activities! Deanna F., ScrumMaster, Suntrust Bank
" The real life cases were good for understanding; Manjit was extremely helpful and helped clarifying all other doubts. Dipika P., ScrumMaster
" The course was great. It allowed me to take time to understand agile and Scrum. Monica, ScrumMaster
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Team Leads, Business Analysts, Requirements Engineers or other team members who wish to learn how to apply Scrum principles and practices to create high value products rapidly, that deliver ROI and delight their customers, end users.