The manner in which a project’s requirements are documented or expressed has a tremendous impact on that project’s success and cost. User stories are simple, clear, brief descriptions of functionality told from the perspective of a user. The idea is that these statements can make up the requirements of an agile or Scrum project. Expressing requirements as user stories is one of the most broadly applicable techniques introduced by the agile processes and can be an effective approach on all time-constrained projects.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This training provides the knowledge and tools needed to identify and write effective and accurate user stories. Participants will learn the six attributes all user stories must exhibit as well as five additional guidelines for taking user stories from good to better. The training will also explore the use of user role modeling to write the tricky initial user stories for a project. During this hands-on training, participants put theory into action by identifying user roles and writing user stories for multiple case studies.
Using a combination of interactive presentations, problem-solving exercises, innovation learning games, and team structured simulations, the experiential workshop enables participants to:
- Practical, project-proven practices
- The six attributes of a good user story and how to achieve them
- A useful project-proven template for writing user stories
- Practical techniques for gathering user stories
- How much work to do upfront and how much to do just in time
- Real world tips and tricks from the instructor’s fifteen-plus years of writing product backlogs for agile projects in a wide variety of environments
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A one-day immersive learning experience facilitated by a highly respected trainer
- Participants will be eligible for 8 Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- A printed, bound copy of the course materials to take away
- Continental breakfast, a hot buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day
Are there any prerequisites before attending the course?
We provide everything needed on the day so you do not need to pre-read or bring anything with you on the day.
What’s the cancellation policy?
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point the full course fee is due independent of whether the registered person takes part in the course or not. Participants can be substituted without charge.
ABOUT YOUR TRAINERS
has taught Scrum, Lean and Agile practices to hundreds of students including ScrumMasters, Product Owners, team members, PMs and executive leaders who support them. He is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST”)™, ICAgile Certified Expert in Agile Coaching (ICE-AC), and ICAgile Agile Team Facilitator. Manjit holds the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certifications. He brings 17 years experience practicing Lean and Agile as a team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Coach.
Agilious designed specialty training on understanding the power of User Stories and how to write effective User Stories.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Product Managers, Product Owners, Team Leads, Business Analysts, developes, testers, or other team members who are part of an agile team or support the Product Owner and an agile team.